Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Review: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

Title: Stalking Jack the Ripper
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper 1/4
Goodreads & Amazon

5 stars

I know, I'm late to the party - I always am when it comes to amazing fandoms, but, here I am.

I typically don't enjoy things that are classified as horror or thriller, I get creeped out way too easily. I picked up SJTR simply because I wanted to expand my horizons and see what all the buzz was about (if I'm being honest, I came across some Capturing the Devil special boxes coming out soon and thought I should try the series). Kerri Maniscalco's writing style instantly drew me in. Everything was detailed just right, I felt like I was slicing open the bodies. 

The thriller/mystery/horror level is perfect (at least to me, it does live up to its standards). It was very obvious that a lot of research and effort was put into writing this masterpiece. I enjoyed every twist and turn that the book took, every gory detail, but most of all I enjoyed Thomas Cresswell. His arrogance, his flirting, pretty much just his personality in general. Audrey Rose was also a great main character: she was smart, brave, and determined. I greatly enjoyed thinking of something I'd say or wondering if something would happen and then Audrey Rose would say what was on my mind - it was almost like she was my spokesperson. 

To be completely honest I cannot think of a single thing I disliked about this book. Before I wrote this review, I thought for a really long time about that and I couldn't come up with anything. I highly recommend it to everyone. If you enjoy this type of genre, you'll enjoy this book. If you don't enjoy this book, you should try it anyway because I'm sure you'll love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are what keep the blog going! Leave a comment letting me know what you think about a post, or just say hi. I always reply to questions and I will leave a comment on your blog in return. :)