Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Review: Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson

Title: Sorcery of Thorns
Author: Margaret Rogerson
Series: N/A, standalone
Goodreads & Amazon

5 stars

I was honestly hooked from the first page, I felt like I was instantly transported into a Great Library. This was a very fun read that went very quickly. This was my first Owlcrate read, I subscribed to the June 2019 box specifically because I thought the book sounded interesting. 

My only two issues with this book (they're honestly not that bad since I still gave it five stars) were: 
- Sometimes I had a hard time picturing things, yet the description provided a good amount of detail. I'm not completely sure if this is my own fault (it probably is) or if the description just didn't make total sense. 
- I felt like this should have been at least a duology. There was so much going on, which was great, but I would have loved to relish in it for another 400 pages. There were a few things I would have liked to learn more about, characters I would have loved to spend more time with (yes, I'm talking about Silas), and more of the world I would have loved to visit. 

Margaret Rogerson honestly pulled everything off so perfectly. Nothing at all felt forced, odd, or awkward. The slow-burn romance was top-notch, the characters were extremely lovable, and the fantasy was everything I wanted. The best part of all was the library setting, I previously never read a book that had so much to do with a library, but goodness it was fantastic. I hope to read more books like this in the future, or maybe if I'm lucky Margaret Rogerson will let us revisit in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are what keep the blog going! Leave a comment letting me know what you think about a post, or just say hi. I always reply to questions and I will leave a comment on your blog in return. :)